Thank you for your interest in Upstate Dermatology. We are excited to have you as our patient!
To make sure your first visit runs as smoothly as possible, we recommend that you review the following information and complete the form(s) below prior to your arrival.
We accept most major insurance plans. However, as every insurance policy differs, we strongly encourage you to contact your insurance company prior to your appointment to confirm coverage of our services.
- Please arrive at our office 10-15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to allow time for check-in and/or update of insurance information. We do our best to respect our patients' time, and your early arrival helps us to help you. Sometimes there are patient emergencies, which lead to unintended delays in the office schedule. When this happens, we will do our best to keep you informed of the delay.
- Please bring your ID and insurance card to every visit.
- Co-payments must be paid at the time of your visit by cash, check, or credit card. If you are unable to pay your co-payment, we request that you reschedule your appointment to a later date. For uninsured patients, payment is due at the time that services are rendered. Cosmetic services are not covered by insurance, and payment is also due at the time that services are rendered. There will be a $25 fee for all returned checks.
- If you are unable to keep your visit, we require notification at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. If you do not call to cancel at least 24 hours in advance of your appointment, you will be considered a 'no-show.' Repeated no-show visits may result in a fee to compensate the practice for loss of time and income. Please carefully read our Office and Financial Policy Form at the time of your visit.
- Any patient under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Please turn off your cell phone when you are called back to see the physician.
- Please do not bring any food or drink into the practice waiting room.